General Terms and Conditions of Venue Use
- Venue Availability: Availability to accommodate requests is based on a first-come, first-served basis and affiliation to UCLA’s Division of Life Sciences (LS) and the Department of Life Sciences South Administration (LSSA).
- Terms of Payment: Payment for venue use will be due no later than three business days prior to your reservation. Internal UCLA Campus Event Organizers will be asked to pay via campus recharge. External parties will be asked to pay by check.
- Required Staffing: No LS and LSSA staff are included or available for confirmed reservations. Reservations received by LSSA that are outside of normal business hours may require additional external services (UCPD, UCLA Events, etc). All services and costs required by these required external services will be paid for by client.
- Serving Alcoholic Beverages: Client is expected to abide by, and enforce all UCLA policies and state laws on alcohol.
- Video Recording and Photography on the UCLA Campus: It is up to the client ensure that all university policies and guidelines for video recording and photography are abided, as well as any required permits are obtained prior to client’s event. http://uclaevents.com/filming-and-photography/
- UCLA Courtesy Parking: Clients and guests of client should be directed to Parking Structure 2, which is adjacent to UCLA’s Terasaki Life Sciences Building. Client and guests of client must make parking arrangements via the UCLA Courtesy Parking Office. Arrangements will ensure that all are directed to Structure 2 (or nearby). Campus parking rates are $12 per automobile. Clients may also pay for parking on behalf of their guests. Another parking option in Structure 2 is pay by space. This option is first-come, first-served and cannot be paid in advance by reserving individuals/groups.
Other options provided by this office include directional signage and/or the hiring parking attendants to assist larger groups. Please contact UCLA Courtesy Parking offices by dialing (310)825-3169
- Venue Reinstatement & Cleaning: Hershey Hall and Botanical Garden must be left in the condition in which they are found. A Facilities Service Request for basic clean-up and replenishing of lavatory supplies are required. If LSSA determines any additional facility requests are necessary, they will be charged to the reserving individual/group.
- In Case of Accidents: Any accidents or injuries should be reported immediately by dialing ‘911’. LSSA Staff should also be made aware of the incident immediately so that help can be provided as quickly as possible.
- In Case of Damages: Any damage incurred to Hershey Hall or Botanical Garden facilities or equipment will be the liability of the requesting party and/or their department and LS and LSSA reserve the right to use either the recharge ID provided to restore the damaged facility, or provide an addition to the final invoice to the reserving individual/group to cover these items.
- The Right to Refuse Service: UCLA LS and LSSA reserves the right to not reserve venue space for an event, for any reason.